Monday, February 28, 2011

17 weeks - Settling into the Nest

Given I want a homebirth, there is one very essential ingredient that needs to be taken care of... a home!!  Luckily my lovely man found me one of those about a month ago and we have been settling in ever since.  The advent of the big comfy couch made things pretty much complete (and my bum much less numb!).  Now we just have to recover from that and then start thinking about... eek... the baby's room!!  In the meantime, it's lovely to have my cosy little nest!

I like how this chick rolls.

I met my midwife a couple of weeks ago and loved her!  Felt totally comfortable with her straight away and she was very knowledgable - I felt utterly in safe hands.  Ended up spending 2 1/2 hours at her house!  She is going to join me at my next hospital appointment when I find out what the verdict is on my pelvis, and after that we can plan from there.  I feel so much better knowing that, no matter what ends up happening, I have someone knowledgeable and professional advocating for me who knows what I want and supports what is important to me.


Other than that, not a whole lot to report.  I'm at that weird stage of pregnancy where there are no symptoms, it's still a little early to feel movements (for a first pregnancy anyway), and my little belly doesn't really look like a pregnant belly... so it all feels very surreal! 
Mmm mmm made with brown rice syrup - wish I still had morning sickness to give THAT a try!
Only 2 weeks until the halfway morphology scan now, which I am super excited about - I want to see that bubs is still doing well and I want to know if it is a Mr or Miss Little Bub!  I have thought boy the whole pregnancy, but everyone else seems to think girl... can't wait to find out!!


In the meantime, I'm just looking forward to feeling some decent movements and watching that belly grow!

16 week belly - it finally kind of looks pregnant... with a little imagination :-P

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, looks like huge burrito lunch! Loves ya xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I totally know! I'm still in my normal size 8-10 clothes... crazy to think I'm approaching halfway - EEK!!

    Mmmmm burrito....

    ReplyDelete